Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Is Your Firewall Really Doing Its Job?

Do you have a firewal protecting your network and/or computers? If you're the average home user you probably have a firewall built into your wireless router, but you might not have it turned on. Your operating system might also have a software-based firewal than can be enabled via your system preferences or control panel

Firewalls act as gatekeepers / traffic cops for the ports coming in and going out of your network. The big question is how do you know if your firewall is actually doing its job? Check out my article over at about.com on How to Test Your Firewall? to learn how to make sure your Firewall isn't sleeping on the job.

7 comments:

  1. This is an informative post review. I am so pleased to get this post article. I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. A big thank for posting this article in this website. Keep it up.

    Alarm Monitoring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. My computer installed a firewall to protect my system from suspicious virus that came from the site or my network. This will be useful . When I read your lens I got an idea how to test the firewall of my computer. It is really work. Thanks. protect america review

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    Security Glass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a nice informative post and its great resource for lots of peoples, so to promote your business by using some internet marketing strategy and it can easily to reach the correct market place.wireless alarm system

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.
    security system review

    ReplyDelete
  6. These kinds of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good points here in the post. I appreciate it very much! I am looking forward to other share. Thank you so much!
    security system review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lloyd Security is a GE Security Pro Dealer. It provides both wired and wireless security systems. No phone line is required in this system because it facilitate the option of using a cell or radio connectivity device as the primary line.
    Security systems Edina

    ReplyDelete