Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Encryption 101 - For People Like me Who Suck at Math

Encryption is a topic than many of us non-math types have trouble wrapping our heads around. When I was studying for the CISSP certification, I had to learn a lot about how encryption worked so I could make sense of the crypto-related questions on the test.

What I found when doing research on how to go about studying cryptography, cryptoanalysis and anything else with the word crypt in it was that there wasn't a lot of stuff out there for beginners.

Fortunately, I did finaly find some great free resources that helped me to understand crypto enough to pass the CISSP exam. I've detailed my findings in my article: Encryption 101: Understanding Encryption. Check it out and let me know what you think in the comments section below.

7 comments:

  1. This post gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives in depth information. thanks for this post.wireless alarm system

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, You have an awesome blog, Excellent posts, things you describing are nice, i love it. Have a nice day.Read more for Best Home Security Visit at http://security-system-reviewss.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lloyd Security is a GE Security Pro Dealer. It provides both wired and wireless security systems. No phone line is required in this system because it facilitate the option of using a cell or radio connectivity device as the primary line.
    Minnetonka alarm systems

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree that the concept is confusing and complex to study. I tried to learn about it many times and read many blogs so far. I just love the information provided on the link you have recommended. Thank you so much.
    digital signature

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose I've selected an unbelievable and interesting blog. surveillance camera system for business

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s really such nice information to get advantage from. West Palm Beach Locksmith

    ReplyDelete